Second Opinion Consultation
Optimal Therapy for Optimal Outcomes
At The Angeles Clinic and Research Institute we see many patients seeking Second Opinion Consultations each year. The Angeles Clinic and Research Institute's physicians are oncology experts that are highly trained leaders in their field and are involved in research activities to support and enhance the care they give. With the many recent breakthroughs in cancer care, treatment for all cancers have become exquisitely sophisticated, requiring the complex assessment of information before therapy is begun to treat your tumor.
Because our oncologists each specialize in a particular cancer, a Second Opinion Consultation at The Angeles Clinic and Research Institute can provide a comprehensive perspective on your therapeutic options with all up-to-date therapies by an expert in the field. A second opinion consult can also serve as a quality check, to make sure you're really getting the most up to date, most effective treatment.
The Second Opinion Consultation can offer an:
- Independent review of your situation
- Independent study of your images and pathology reports
- Access to innovative therapies as a participant in a clinical trial.
- Comprehensive treatment plan by a board-certified doctor and team that specializes in individualized cancer treatment
- Exhaustive review of therapeutic options for future therapy in the second or third line
- Review of a rare cancer by an expert in that form of cancer
- Conservative care options vs. aggressive options
- Coordinated and comprehensive individualized treatment plan.
- Second Opinion Process
Schedule a Second Opinion consultation at The Angeles Clinic and Research Institute by calling (310) 582-7900 or using our interactive form.
Patient histories, imaging, and pathologic material are reviewed before we meet with each patient to ensure that the correct diagnosis was made. Our experience and dedication will provide you with comprehensive, unbiased and reliable information to ensure the optimal therapy for optimal outcome.
Once your case has been reviewed, you will receive a summary including:
- A review of the pathology from previous biopsies or surgery
- A review of imaging studies
- History and pertinent facts pertaining to your situation
- Treatment recommendations
- Discussion of risks versus benefit for each treatment option
- Investigation or research protocols available
A copy of your Second Opinion Report can be sent directly to your primary doctors, if you choose. Many of our patients, once they have had a second opinion, will return to their primary oncologist for treatment with our recommendations. We create an open dialogue with these physicians to help ensure patients continue to receive optimal therapy.
Many insurance carriers will reimburse the costs of second opinion consultations. If payment is a problem, we can work with you.
Call (310) 582-7900 or use our secure online form to schedule a Second Opinion Consultation at The Angeles Clinic and Research Institute in West Los Angeles, California.
Request a Second Opinion
Request an appointment for a second opinion consultation. Just use our convenient online form.